The latest of many artists to leave Cash Money Records, Brisco‘s hoping this new potential single will help attract brand new distribution for his forthcoming album, Street Medicine As he did on the ultra-catchy Just Know Dat (eight months later, it’s still in my head), the Opa Locka native calls on two of his heavyweight connects to create a 305 anthem. Though Brisco knows that “You Know What I’m Talkin’ Bout,” he drives the point home with a flash of his cash. Labelmate Flo Rida contributes a confident hook, and Busta expands on the “recession-proof” theme in his guest verse. Mizzle backs the trio’s stunting with a thumping beat best experienced with 18s in your car trunk. Brisco’s clearly confident that he can maintain his high-rolling lifestyle in any economy; the question is, will the labels be convinced?
Written by Burmy on 05/7/09
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.