The latest of many artists to leave Cash Money Records, Brisco‘s hoping this new potential single will help attract brand new distribution for his forthcoming album, Street Medicine As he did on the ultra-catchy Just Know Dat (eight months later, it’s still in my head), the Opa Locka native calls on two of his heavyweight connects to create a 305 anthem. Though Brisco knows that “You Know What I’m Talkin’ Bout,” he drives the point home with a flash of his cash. Labelmate Flo Rida contributes a confident hook, and Busta expands on the “recession-proof” theme in his guest verse. Mizzle backs the trio’s stunting with a thumping beat best experienced with 18s in your car trunk. Brisco’s clearly confident that he can maintain his high-rolling lifestyle in any economy; the question is, will the labels be convinced?
Written by Burmy on 05/7/09
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Into That" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.