It seems every artist that has ever recorded under the Poe Boy Entertainment label has had at least one catchy-hooked single to get stuck in listeners’ heads (Jacki-O had Nookie, Rick Ross had Hustlin’, and Flo Rida topped them both with Low). Ready to join them is Opa Locka emcee Brisco, who thinks we should Just Know Dat he’s all about making music and money. Despite assistance from Flo on the hook and superstar Cash Money label mate Lil’ Wayne on the middle verse, the lion’s share of the credit here belongs to Brisco with his infectious lead vocals (and to Mr. Beats for the lute-heavy production). If you’re looking for the cure to the common hip-hop album, check out Brisco’s debut, Street Medicine, currently set to drop in the 1st quarter of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 09/18/08
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.