It seems every artist that has ever recorded under the Poe Boy Entertainment label has had at least one catchy-hooked single to get stuck in listeners’ heads (Jacki-O had Nookie, Rick Ross had Hustlin’, and Flo Rida topped them both with Low). Ready to join them is Opa Locka emcee Brisco, who thinks we should Just Know Dat he’s all about making music and money. Despite assistance from Flo on the hook and superstar Cash Money label mate Lil’ Wayne on the middle verse, the lion’s share of the credit here belongs to Brisco with his infectious lead vocals (and to Mr. Beats for the lute-heavy production). If you’re looking for the cure to the common hip-hop album, check out Brisco’s debut, Street Medicine, currently set to drop in the 1st quarter of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 09/18/08
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.