It seems every artist that has ever recorded under the Poe Boy Entertainment label has had at least one catchy-hooked single to get stuck in listeners’ heads (Jacki-O had Nookie, Rick Ross had Hustlin’, and Flo Rida topped them both with Low). Ready to join them is Opa Locka emcee Brisco, who thinks we should Just Know Dat he’s all about making music and money. Despite assistance from Flo on the hook and superstar Cash Money label mate Lil’ Wayne on the middle verse, the lion’s share of the credit here belongs to Brisco with his infectious lead vocals (and to Mr. Beats for the lute-heavy production). If you’re looking for the cure to the common hip-hop album, check out Brisco’s debut, Street Medicine, currently set to drop in the 1st quarter of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 09/18/08
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.