Poe Boy-bred emcee Brisco has rapidly joined the ever-blossoming crop of up-and-coming talent to emerge out of Florida over the last few years. In fact, the Opa Locka native has drawn some comparisons to several industry greats with his gritty, powerful voice and witty wordplay. On the newly recorded (and unreleased) freestyle, Can’t See Y’all, Bris doesn’t take the easy route—what could have been a formulaic “I’ve got so many haters” ode is instead a platform for the emcee to drolly spitbox back and forth with DJBooth favorite Ace Hood. The finished product showcases the two artists riding a high-octane beat by producer J Rock, aggressively letting it be known that they’re at an equilibrium; anything or anyone not on their level is… invisible.
Written by Erica L. on 08/17/08
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.