When Opa Locka native Brisco signed his joint deal with Poe Boy and Cash Money in ‘06, the rapper had plenty of industry backing. After seeing his debut album Street Medicine delayed numerous times, however, the SoFlo representative has had to prepare yet another elixir for the hood Fresh Out the pharmacy. While listeners will note similarities to numerous Southern rappers (Weezy, Plies, and Rich Boy come to my mind), the street or club-ready production (pick or choose) adds a freshness to the tried-and-true formula. Street Medicine is currently third on Cash Money‘s release schedule; it is set to drop after Weezy’s Carter III (June 3) and Glasses Malone‘s Beach Cruiser (July).
Written by Burmy on 04/9/08
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.