When Opa Locka native Brisco signed his joint deal with Poe Boy and Cash Money in ‘06, the rapper had plenty of industry backing. After seeing his debut album Street Medicine delayed numerous times, however, the SoFlo representative has had to prepare yet another elixir for the hood Fresh Out the pharmacy. While listeners will note similarities to numerous Southern rappers (Weezy, Plies, and Rich Boy come to my mind), the street or club-ready production (pick or choose) adds a freshness to the tried-and-true formula. Street Medicine is currently third on Cash Money‘s release schedule; it is set to drop after Weezy’s Carter III (June 3) and Glasses Malone‘s Beach Cruiser (July).
Written by Burmy on 04/9/08
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Into That" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.