As anyone who’s been in a successful long term relationship knows, the key to getting through love’s often rocky road isn’t expensive gifts or long songs (although they don’t hurt), the key is Dedication. Here to dispense some very catchy love advice is Florida representative Brisco, who follows up similar heart melter/pantie dropper Kissin Me with “for the ladies” offering Dedication. As is so often the case, Rico Love pulls double duty here, first providing the track’s synth heavy and brightly bouncing beat and then laying down a hook that has radio hit written all over it. Not to be outdone though, Brisco follows with some champagne and roses rhymes of his own, ensuring that special lady that he’s everything she’s been wishing for, especially is she’s been wishing for some alcohol “Moet, champagne, rose, I’m just sayin / money ain’t a thang I’m gonna pour this all out.” While Dedication doesn’t yet have a home on a larger project, if this blows up the way it has the potential to, something tells me we’ll be seeing a Brisco album sooner rather than later.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/23/12
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.