As anyone who’s been in a successful long term relationship knows, the key to getting through love’s often rocky road isn’t expensive gifts or long songs (although they don’t hurt), the key is Dedication. Here to dispense some very catchy love advice is Florida representative Brisco, who follows up similar heart melter/pantie dropper Kissin Me with “for the ladies” offering Dedication. As is so often the case, Rico Love pulls double duty here, first providing the track’s synth heavy and brightly bouncing beat and then laying down a hook that has radio hit written all over it. Not to be outdone though, Brisco follows with some champagne and roses rhymes of his own, ensuring that special lady that he’s everything she’s been wishing for, especially is she’s been wishing for some alcohol “Moet, champagne, rose, I’m just sayin / money ain’t a thang I’m gonna pour this all out.” While Dedication doesn’t yet have a home on a larger project, if this blows up the way it has the potential to, something tells me we’ll be seeing a Brisco album sooner rather than later.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/23/12
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.