While the overall response to Brisco‘s last feature, Street Medicine lead single On the Wall, was for the most part positive, nearly everyone agreed that Weezy‘s Auto-Tuned hook was, well, lacking. Fortunately, the first official leak off the Floridian emcee’s forthcoming pre-album mixtape can only be regarded as a step up on the chorus front. Here, producer Allstar looks to soul icon Anita Baker for inspiration, borrowing a romantically chill, synth-driven instrumental and a silky-smooth hook from her ‘87 single, No One in the World. Over this tuneful backdrop, Brisco tells the touching tale of how a chance meeting at the local tiki bar led to sex, weed-smoking, shopping sprees and, eventually, true love. Ah, l’amour… Like roughly a gazillion other projects, the artist’s OG Kush street album is set to hit the net on the official holiday of weed-smokers everywhere, April 20. Following the mixtape drop, fans should keep their fingers crossed for the summer arrival of his endlessly-delayed debut LP… hopefully.
Written by richard on 04/9/10
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.