While the overall response to Brisco‘s last feature, Street Medicine lead single On the Wall, was for the most part positive, nearly everyone agreed that Weezy‘s Auto-Tuned hook was, well, lacking. Fortunately, the first official leak off the Floridian emcee’s forthcoming pre-album mixtape can only be regarded as a step up on the chorus front. Here, producer Allstar looks to soul icon Anita Baker for inspiration, borrowing a romantically chill, synth-driven instrumental and a silky-smooth hook from her ‘87 single, No One in the World. Over this tuneful backdrop, Brisco tells the touching tale of how a chance meeting at the local tiki bar led to sex, weed-smoking, shopping sprees and, eventually, true love. Ah, l’amour… Like roughly a gazillion other projects, the artist’s OG Kush street album is set to hit the net on the official holiday of weed-smokers everywhere, April 20. Following the mixtape drop, fans should keep their fingers crossed for the summer arrival of his endlessly-delayed debut LP… hopefully.
Written by richard on 04/9/10
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.