We at DJBooth.net make it our mission to keep readers on the cutting edge of what’s new and hot, and according to our sources in Miami, we’ve got a bona-fide hit on our hands – Brisco‘s Ain’t a Rap Song is making big moves in the Magic City, and is a prime candidate to break through nationally. It isn’t hard to see the appeal; the up-and-coming emcee employs the same aggressive flow that earned him Booth approval on single Just Know Dat and the recently-featured Step Back, and Cozmo is no slouch on the production tip, packing his propulsive beat with infectiously sunny synthesizer riffs. With the local popularity Ain’t a Rap Song is currently enjoying, don’t be surprised if the record is selected as the official buzz single off Brisco’s debut, Street Medicine, which is scheduled to hit stores sometime in the second quarter of this year.
Listen to More: Brisco
Written by richard on 01/19/09
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Into That" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)