We at DJBooth.net make it our mission to keep readers on the cutting edge of what’s new and hot, and according to our sources in Miami, we’ve got a bona-fide hit on our hands – Brisco‘s Ain’t a Rap Song is making big moves in the Magic City, and is a prime candidate to break through nationally. It isn’t hard to see the appeal; the up-and-coming emcee employs the same aggressive flow that earned him Booth approval on single Just Know Dat and the recently-featured Step Back, and Cozmo is no slouch on the production tip, packing his propulsive beat with infectiously sunny synthesizer riffs. With the local popularity Ain’t a Rap Song is currently enjoying, don’t be surprised if the record is selected as the official buzz single off Brisco’s debut, Street Medicine, which is scheduled to hit stores sometime in the second quarter of this year.
Written by richard on 01/19/09
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.