We at DJBooth.net make it our mission to keep readers on the cutting edge of what’s new and hot, and according to our sources in Miami, we’ve got a bona-fide hit on our hands – Brisco‘s Ain’t a Rap Song is making big moves in the Magic City, and is a prime candidate to break through nationally. It isn’t hard to see the appeal; the up-and-coming emcee employs the same aggressive flow that earned him Booth approval on single Just Know Dat and the recently-featured Step Back, and Cozmo is no slouch on the production tip, packing his propulsive beat with infectiously sunny synthesizer riffs. With the local popularity Ain’t a Rap Song is currently enjoying, don’t be surprised if the record is selected as the official buzz single off Brisco’s debut, Street Medicine, which is scheduled to hit stores sometime in the second quarter of this year.
Written by richard on 01/19/09
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Into That" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)