Stereotypically, rappers are the ones with the overactive imaginations, while R&B singers tend to keep their feet planted firmly on the ground—at least, when they’re not being swept off them by a new romance. Booth newcomer Bridget Kelly, however, showcases a talent for invention (aka “B.S.-ing “) to rival the rap game’s biggest dreamers on new single Thinking About Forever. Penned by Frank Ocean (whose rough demo leaked to the ‘net earlier this week), and backed by the Odd Future crooner and co-producer Shea Taylor‘s swirling synth boardwork, this joint finds the Roc Nation signee addressing a dude who’s a little slow on the uptake. Wondering how the man in question could possibly believe she doesn’t love him, she ponders what other absurdities he’d be able to swallow: “Got a beach house I could sell you in Idaho… got a fighter jet, I don’t get to fly it though.” While it’s anyone’s guess whether the oblivious fella in question will finally get the picture, the personality and soul Kelly showcases here should certainly win her the hearts of R&B-lovers in the Booth. Those digging it should stay tuned for all the latest on the singer’s debut set, which has yet to receive either a title or a drop date.
Written by richard on 07/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Seek and Destroy" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.