Bridget Kelly probably should have rethought sending a break up letter through the mail. Not because it is an inappropriate way of ending a relationship, but because at this time of year, with all the packages and letters to Santa being mailed, it might be hard for the post office to make her note a Special Delivery. Over an intricate production, from an unaccredited producer, Kelly belts out a request to the mailman to deliver her note ASAP, before she regrets the decision. Kelly’s powerful vocal performance matches vibe of the song perfectly. The Roc Nation songstress conveys a little bit of remorse for the lost relationship, but the strong vocals suggest that she feels empowered and confident now that she has cut ties with her man. Kelly’s is currently working on her debut album, which at this stage is untitled and does not have a set drop date, but those looking for more can check out her last feature Seek and Destroy.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thinking About Forever" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.