On 1998 single Caught Out There, Kelis confronted her cheating man with evidence of his unfaithfulness, announcing, “Look, I found her red coat!” More than a decade later, a tweaked version of that line became the centerpiece of CMYK, the title track off a 2010 EP by UK electronic musician James Blake. Now, unsigned artist Bridge adds a third link to that sample chain with Red Coat, a freshly-released standout off his latest street album. Matty Trump mans the boards, fortifying Blake’s chilly synth-sample arrangement with hip hop-informed percussion as the unsigned crooner celebrates a certain shorty’s fly fashion sense (along with other, more intimate attributes). Nik Delikat directs the joint’s steamy, stylized official visuals. Released April 10, Bridge’s Creature of Habit Pt. 1 tape is available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 05/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.