On 1998 single Caught Out There, Kelis confronted her cheating man with evidence of his unfaithfulness, announcing, “Look, I found her red coat!” More than a decade later, a tweaked version of that line became the centerpiece of CMYK, the title track off a 2010 EP by UK electronic musician James Blake. Now, unsigned artist Bridge adds a third link to that sample chain with Red Coat, a freshly-released standout off his latest street album. Matty Trump mans the boards, fortifying Blake’s chilly synth-sample arrangement with hip hop-informed percussion as the unsigned crooner celebrates a certain shorty’s fly fashion sense (along with other, more intimate attributes). Nik Delikat directs the joint’s steamy, stylized official visuals. Released April 10, Bridge’s Creature of Habit Pt. 1 tape is available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 05/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.