On 1998 single Caught Out There, Kelis confronted her cheating man with evidence of his unfaithfulness, announcing, “Look, I found her red coat!” More than a decade later, a tweaked version of that line became the centerpiece of CMYK, the title track off a 2010 EP by UK electronic musician James Blake. Now, unsigned artist Bridge adds a third link to that sample chain with Red Coat, a freshly-released standout off his latest street album. Matty Trump mans the boards, fortifying Blake’s chilly synth-sample arrangement with hip hop-informed percussion as the unsigned crooner celebrates a certain shorty’s fly fashion sense (along with other, more intimate attributes). Nik Delikat directs the joint’s steamy, stylized official visuals. Released April 10, Bridge’s Creature of Habit Pt. 1 tape is available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 05/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.