On 1998 single Caught Out There, Kelis confronted her cheating man with evidence of his unfaithfulness, announcing, “Look, I found her red coat!” More than a decade later, a tweaked version of that line became the centerpiece of CMYK, the title track off a 2010 EP by UK electronic musician James Blake. Now, unsigned artist Bridge adds a third link to that sample chain with Red Coat, a freshly-released standout off his latest street album. Matty Trump mans the boards, fortifying Blake’s chilly synth-sample arrangement with hip hop-informed percussion as the unsigned crooner celebrates a certain shorty’s fly fashion sense (along with other, more intimate attributes). Nik Delikat directs the joint’s steamy, stylized official visuals. Released April 10, Bridge’s Creature of Habit Pt. 1 tape is available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 05/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.