Given that Bridge‘s last single, September 8th, landed on our pages in mid-January, it’d be a stretch to say that the follow-up’s been a Long Time Coming. But even two weeks and change can feel like an eternity, when you’re waiting for fresh tunes from one of your favorite artists. While the newly-released L.T.C. shares its predecessor’s hazy, blunted vibe, its lyrical content could hardly be farther removed from that record’s moody introspection. Backed by Production Kidz’ understated synths, the singer/songwriter celebrates the fact that he’s finally getting his rightful shine, after many long years on the grizzy. On the hook, he exults, “They know I’m on the way, bein’ on the come-up / Now I’m finally doing everything I wanted.” Are you looking forward to Bridge’s imminent conquest of the music game? Then be sure to cop the unsigned alt-crooner’s next street album, Creature of Habit: Part II, when it drops digitally later this month.
Written by richard on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.