Given that Bridge‘s last single, September 8th, landed on our pages in mid-January, it’d be a stretch to say that the follow-up’s been a Long Time Coming. But even two weeks and change can feel like an eternity, when you’re waiting for fresh tunes from one of your favorite artists. While the newly-released L.T.C. shares its predecessor’s hazy, blunted vibe, its lyrical content could hardly be farther removed from that record’s moody introspection. Backed by Production Kidz’ understated synths, the singer/songwriter celebrates the fact that he’s finally getting his rightful shine, after many long years on the grizzy. On the hook, he exults, “They know I’m on the way, bein’ on the come-up / Now I’m finally doing everything I wanted.” Are you looking forward to Bridge’s imminent conquest of the music game? Then be sure to cop the unsigned alt-crooner’s next street album, Creature of Habit: Part II, when it drops digitally later this month.
Written by richard on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.