Given that Bridge‘s last single, September 8th, landed on our pages in mid-January, it’d be a stretch to say that the follow-up’s been a Long Time Coming. But even two weeks and change can feel like an eternity, when you’re waiting for fresh tunes from one of your favorite artists. While the newly-released L.T.C. shares its predecessor’s hazy, blunted vibe, its lyrical content could hardly be farther removed from that record’s moody introspection. Backed by Production Kidz’ understated synths, the singer/songwriter celebrates the fact that he’s finally getting his rightful shine, after many long years on the grizzy. On the hook, he exults, “They know I’m on the way, bein’ on the come-up / Now I’m finally doing everything I wanted.” Are you looking forward to Bridge’s imminent conquest of the music game? Then be sure to cop the unsigned alt-crooner’s next street album, Creature of Habit: Part II, when it drops digitally later this month.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.