Given that Bridge‘s last single, September 8th, landed on our pages in mid-January, it’d be a stretch to say that the follow-up’s been a Long Time Coming. But even two weeks and change can feel like an eternity, when you’re waiting for fresh tunes from one of your favorite artists. While the newly-released L.T.C. shares its predecessor’s hazy, blunted vibe, its lyrical content could hardly be farther removed from that record’s moody introspection. Backed by Production Kidz’ understated synths, the singer/songwriter celebrates the fact that he’s finally getting his rightful shine, after many long years on the grizzy. On the hook, he exults, “They know I’m on the way, bein’ on the come-up / Now I’m finally doing everything I wanted.” Are you looking forward to Bridge’s imminent conquest of the music game? Then be sure to cop the unsigned alt-crooner’s next street album, Creature of Habit: Part II, when it drops digitally later this month.
Written by richard on 02/3/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)