Given that Bridge‘s last single, September 8th, landed on our pages in mid-January, it’d be a stretch to say that the follow-up’s been a Long Time Coming. But even two weeks and change can feel like an eternity, when you’re waiting for fresh tunes from one of your favorite artists. While the newly-released L.T.C. shares its predecessor’s hazy, blunted vibe, its lyrical content could hardly be farther removed from that record’s moody introspection. Backed by Production Kidz’ understated synths, the singer/songwriter celebrates the fact that he’s finally getting his rightful shine, after many long years on the grizzy. On the hook, he exults, “They know I’m on the way, bein’ on the come-up / Now I’m finally doing everything I wanted.” Are you looking forward to Bridge’s imminent conquest of the music game? Then be sure to cop the unsigned alt-crooner’s next street album, Creature of Habit: Part II, when it drops digitally later this month.
Written by richard on 02/3/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.