I have to admit that when I saw the title of Bridge’s new single, Do Ya Right, my first thought was “that’s what she said.” After pressing play, however, I quickly learned that this tune doesn’t need any help being dirty. Bridge demonstrates his versatility on the record, fusing some R&B with a little bit of hip-hop and even mixing in some pop undertones as he courts a lady who is missing a man’s touch. As Proper‘s trippy, foggy production swims, Bridge lays out plans for his version of a blind date, which is less about awkward silence and more about blindfolds and alcohol. The Los Angeles native’s Fingers Crossed album does not have a timetable for a release, but while you wait, why not check out the October-featured tune Intuition?
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Bridge’s Nic Delikat-directed Do Ya Right visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/1/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.