I have to admit that when I saw the title of Bridge’s new single, Do Ya Right, my first thought was “that’s what she said.” After pressing play, however, I quickly learned that this tune doesn’t need any help being dirty. Bridge demonstrates his versatility on the record, fusing some R&B with a little bit of hip-hop and even mixing in some pop undertones as he courts a lady who is missing a man’s touch. As Proper‘s trippy, foggy production swims, Bridge lays out plans for his version of a blind date, which is less about awkward silence and more about blindfolds and alcohol. The Los Angeles native’s Fingers Crossed album does not have a timetable for a release, but while you wait, why not check out the October-featured tune Intuition?
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Bridge’s Nic Delikat-directed Do Ya Right visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.