I have to admit that when I saw the title of Bridge’s new single, Do Ya Right, my first thought was “that’s what she said.” After pressing play, however, I quickly learned that this tune doesn’t need any help being dirty. Bridge demonstrates his versatility on the record, fusing some R&B with a little bit of hip-hop and even mixing in some pop undertones as he courts a lady who is missing a man’s touch. As Proper‘s trippy, foggy production swims, Bridge lays out plans for his version of a blind date, which is less about awkward silence and more about blindfolds and alcohol. The Los Angeles native’s Fingers Crossed album does not have a timetable for a release, but while you wait, why not check out the October-featured tune Intuition?
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Bridge’s Nic Delikat-directed Do Ya Right visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.