In an effort not to rush out their debut project, sister duo Brick & Lace are patiently waiting. Their album, Love is Wicked, is executive produced by hit maker Akon; not so ironically the same man who inked the ladies to their record deal with Kon Live/Geffen. The title track is an addictive Calypso number that has Nyanda and Nailah harmoniously flowing in their native Jamaican tongue. Although the single hasn’t begun to impact in the states, it has been released to radio in the UK and has had a surprisingly strong response. At this point, the ladies will take the love from wherever they can get it!
Written by DJ Z on 08/21/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Never" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.