Back in November, we heard Brianna Perry insist that, from the moment she wakes up straight through til bedtime, Dolla Signs were the only thing on her mind. Turns out that’s not quite accurate—on her latest promo single, the Poe Boy/Atlantic signee stops thinking about paper for long enough to shed a few Mascara Tears over the plight of her fellow females. Backed by Lambo‘s strings and low-key percussion, she describes the struggles that women have to deal with on the daily, including culturally-seeded feelings of inadequacy, male disrespect and domestic abuse. T-Pain extends Perry his sympathy (and offers to put a spark to any dude who doesn’t treat her right) on the hook. Feeling it? More fresh tunes await on new street album Symphony No. 9, scheduled to drop digitally February 1.
Written by richard on 01/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Hip Hop" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)