Back in November, we heard Brianna Perry insist that, from the moment she wakes up straight through til bedtime, Dolla Signs were the only thing on her mind. Turns out that’s not quite accurate—on her latest promo single, the Poe Boy/Atlantic signee stops thinking about paper for long enough to shed a few Mascara Tears over the plight of her fellow females. Backed by Lambo‘s strings and low-key percussion, she describes the struggles that women have to deal with on the daily, including culturally-seeded feelings of inadequacy, male disrespect and domestic abuse. T-Pain extends Perry his sympathy (and offers to put a spark to any dude who doesn’t treat her right) on the hook. Feeling it? More fresh tunes await on new street album Symphony No. 9, scheduled to drop digitally February 1.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Hip Hop" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.