Back in November, we heard Brianna Perry insist that, from the moment she wakes up straight through til bedtime, Dolla Signs were the only thing on her mind. Turns out that’s not quite accurate—on her latest promo single, the Poe Boy/Atlantic signee stops thinking about paper for long enough to shed a few Mascara Tears over the plight of her fellow females. Backed by Lambo‘s strings and low-key percussion, she describes the struggles that women have to deal with on the daily, including culturally-seeded feelings of inadequacy, male disrespect and domestic abuse. T-Pain extends Perry his sympathy (and offers to put a spark to any dude who doesn’t treat her right) on the hook. Feeling it? More fresh tunes await on new street album Symphony No. 9, scheduled to drop digitally February 1.
Written by richard on 01/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Hip Hop" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.