Back in November, we heard Brianna Perry insist that, from the moment she wakes up straight through til bedtime, Dolla Signs were the only thing on her mind. Turns out that’s not quite accurate—on her latest promo single, the Poe Boy/Atlantic signee stops thinking about paper for long enough to shed a few Mascara Tears over the plight of her fellow females. Backed by Lambo‘s strings and low-key percussion, she describes the struggles that women have to deal with on the daily, including culturally-seeded feelings of inadequacy, male disrespect and domestic abuse. T-Pain extends Perry his sympathy (and offers to put a spark to any dude who doesn’t treat her right) on the hook. Feeling it? More fresh tunes await on new street album Symphony No. 9, scheduled to drop digitally February 1.
Written by richard on 01/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Hip Hop" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.