Over the years, a number of female artists have attempted to turn the ubiquitous “b-word” into a badge of honor. Poe Boy/Atlantic R&B songstress Brianna Perry takes a similar approach on her latest promo single, released to celebrate tonight’s airing of the Oxygen network’s Sisterhood of Hip Hop preview special. Unlike the rest, however, she’s gone so far as to coin a brand new definition for the term. When she boasts “I’m That B.I.T.C.H.,” she’s actually calling herself a “Beautiful, Intelligent, Tough Chick in Heels.” Featuring the dreamy synth boardwork of an beatsmith Buddah Shampoo, this female-empowerment anthem is not currently attached to any larger project. Fans should, however, watch our front page for further details on Perry’s yet-unscheduled/untitled studio debut.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Hip Hop" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.