Over the years, a number of female artists have attempted to turn the ubiquitous “b-word” into a badge of honor. Poe Boy/Atlantic R&B songstress Brianna Perry takes a similar approach on her latest promo single, released to celebrate tonight’s airing of the Oxygen network’s Sisterhood of Hip Hop preview special. Unlike the rest, however, she’s gone so far as to coin a brand new definition for the term. When she boasts “I’m That B.I.T.C.H.,” she’s actually calling herself a “Beautiful, Intelligent, Tough Chick in Heels.” Featuring the dreamy synth boardwork of an beatsmith Buddah Shampoo, this female-empowerment anthem is not currently attached to any larger project. Fans should, however, watch our front page for further details on Perry’s yet-unscheduled/untitled studio debut.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Hip Hop" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.