Over the years, a number of female artists have attempted to turn the ubiquitous “b-word” into a badge of honor. Poe Boy/Atlantic R&B songstress Brianna Perry takes a similar approach on her latest promo single, released to celebrate tonight’s airing of the Oxygen network’s Sisterhood of Hip Hop preview special. Unlike the rest, however, she’s gone so far as to coin a brand new definition for the term. When she boasts “I’m That B.I.T.C.H.,” she’s actually calling herself a “Beautiful, Intelligent, Tough Chick in Heels.” Featuring the dreamy synth boardwork of an beatsmith Buddah Shampoo, this female-empowerment anthem is not currently attached to any larger project. Fans should, however, watch our front page for further details on Perry’s yet-unscheduled/untitled studio debut.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Hip Hop" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.