The latest single from Atlantic/Poe Boy emcee Brianna Perry doesn’t live up to its name. That is to say, it isn’t just Good… it’s better than good. Producer Lambo’s boardwork, featuring the creative use of whistling, will grab you, but you’ll stay for the vocals of Perry and her guest, Trey Songz. In contrast to the beat’s squeaky-clean vibe, Perry exhibits an edgy, assertive flow as she luxuriates in life’s finer things. Trey Songz lends his intoxicating, smooth vocals to the hook. Craving more musical Good-ness from Brianna Perry? You’ll find what you seek on Symphony No. 9: The B Collection, out now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Hip Hop" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.