A buzzmaking singer/songerwriter hailing from Toronto (There’s something in the water there, I’m telling you.), Brian Notice makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with a freshly-minted promo single. Calling combines the soulful melodicism of the ‘90s with the hazy ambiance characteristic of contemporary alt-R&B. Producer’s Twin‘s keyboard-led boardwork is heavy on atmosphere, but Notice takes a direct, openhearted tack on the vocal tip. With the understated, sensual style he showcases here, it’s easy to see why some have compared him to 112‘s Slim. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. This joint is unattached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Brian Notice’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.