A buzzmaking singer/songerwriter hailing from Toronto (There’s something in the water there, I’m telling you.), Brian Notice makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with a freshly-minted promo single. Calling combines the soulful melodicism of the ‘90s with the hazy ambiance characteristic of contemporary alt-R&B. Producer’s Twin‘s keyboard-led boardwork is heavy on atmosphere, but Notice takes a direct, openhearted tack on the vocal tip. With the understated, sensual style he showcases here, it’s easy to see why some have compared him to 112‘s Slim. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. This joint is unattached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Brian Notice’s plans as further details emerge.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.