A buzzmaking singer/songerwriter hailing from Toronto (There’s something in the water there, I’m telling you.), Brian Notice makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with a freshly-minted promo single. Calling combines the soulful melodicism of the ‘90s with the hazy ambiance characteristic of contemporary alt-R&B. Producer’s Twin‘s keyboard-led boardwork is heavy on atmosphere, but Notice takes a direct, openhearted tack on the vocal tip. With the understated, sensual style he showcases here, it’s easy to see why some have compared him to 112‘s Slim. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. This joint is unattached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Brian Notice’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.