A buzzmaking singer/songerwriter hailing from Toronto (There’s something in the water there, I’m telling you.), Brian Notice makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with a freshly-minted promo single. Calling combines the soulful melodicism of the ‘90s with the hazy ambiance characteristic of contemporary alt-R&B. Producer’s Twin‘s keyboard-led boardwork is heavy on atmosphere, but Notice takes a direct, openhearted tack on the vocal tip. With the understated, sensual style he showcases here, it’s easy to see why some have compared him to 112‘s Slim. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. This joint is unattached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Brian Notice’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.