A buzzmaking singer/songerwriter hailing from Toronto (There’s something in the water there, I’m telling you.), Brian Notice makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with a freshly-minted promo single. Calling combines the soulful melodicism of the ‘90s with the hazy ambiance characteristic of contemporary alt-R&B. Producer’s Twin‘s keyboard-led boardwork is heavy on atmosphere, but Notice takes a direct, openhearted tack on the vocal tip. With the understated, sensual style he showcases here, it’s easy to see why some have compared him to 112‘s Slim. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. This joint is unattached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Brian Notice’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.