Can you give love an inch without it taking a mile? I’m inclined to answer in the negative—after all, if an experienced crooner like Brian McKnight can be taken by surprise when casual romance explodes into burning passion, what hope is there for the rest of us? On the lead single off his forthcoming Evolution of a Man LP (and the artist’s first Booth feature), What I’ve Been Waiting For, the 20-year-plus industry veteran finds himself head over heels for a woman who entered his life just when he thought he was too busy for love; needless to say, those formerly-pressing items on his to-do list no longer seem quite so important. Packed with soulful expressions of undying devotion, overdubbed melismatic runs, and glowing synth ambiance (McKnight mans the boards as well as the mic here), this track is sure to sweep our resident soul-lovers off their feet. If you’re a fan of timeless, starry-eyed R&B balladry, circle November 10th on your calendars—something tells me EoaM will be just what you’ve been waiting for.
Listen to More: Brian McKnight
Written by richard on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.