Can you give love an inch without it taking a mile? I’m inclined to answer in the negative—after all, if an experienced crooner like Brian McKnight can be taken by surprise when casual romance explodes into burning passion, what hope is there for the rest of us? On the lead single off his forthcoming Evolution of a Man LP (and the artist’s first Booth feature), What I’ve Been Waiting For, the 20-year-plus industry veteran finds himself head over heels for a woman who entered his life just when he thought he was too busy for love; needless to say, those formerly-pressing items on his to-do list no longer seem quite so important. Packed with soulful expressions of undying devotion, overdubbed melismatic runs, and glowing synth ambiance (McKnight mans the boards as well as the mic here), this track is sure to sweep our resident soul-lovers off their feet. If you’re a fan of timeless, starry-eyed R&B balladry, circle November 10th on your calendars—something tells me EoaM will be just what you’ve been waiting for.
Written by richard on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.