Can you give love an inch without it taking a mile? I’m inclined to answer in the negative—after all, if an experienced crooner like Brian McKnight can be taken by surprise when casual romance explodes into burning passion, what hope is there for the rest of us? On the lead single off his forthcoming Evolution of a Man LP (and the artist’s first Booth feature), What I’ve Been Waiting For, the 20-year-plus industry veteran finds himself head over heels for a woman who entered his life just when he thought he was too busy for love; needless to say, those formerly-pressing items on his to-do list no longer seem quite so important. Packed with soulful expressions of undying devotion, overdubbed melismatic runs, and glowing synth ambiance (McKnight mans the boards as well as the mic here), this track is sure to sweep our resident soul-lovers off their feet. If you’re a fan of timeless, starry-eyed R&B balladry, circle November 10th on your calendars—something tells me EoaM will be just what you’ve been waiting for.
Written by richard on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.