Can you give love an inch without it taking a mile? I’m inclined to answer in the negative—after all, if an experienced crooner like Brian McKnight can be taken by surprise when casual romance explodes into burning passion, what hope is there for the rest of us? On the lead single off his forthcoming Evolution of a Man LP (and the artist’s first Booth feature), What I’ve Been Waiting For, the 20-year-plus industry veteran finds himself head over heels for a woman who entered his life just when he thought he was too busy for love; needless to say, those formerly-pressing items on his to-do list no longer seem quite so important. Packed with soulful expressions of undying devotion, overdubbed melismatic runs, and glowing synth ambiance (McKnight mans the boards as well as the mic here), this track is sure to sweep our resident soul-lovers off their feet. If you’re a fan of timeless, starry-eyed R&B balladry, circle November 10th on your calendars—something tells me EoaM will be just what you’ve been waiting for.
Written by richard on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.