Those of us who came of age in the ‘90s associate the name Brian McKnight with smooth R&B like snack food lovers associate the name Hostess with cream filled pastries. However, the legendary singer/songwriter/producer has been relatively quiet in the 2000s, making his only appearance on our pages on 09’s What I’ve Been Waiting For. You can now make that two appearances on our pages. New single Fall 5.0 finds that the consummate crooner subtly auto-tuning his vocals, a move sure to either win over new fans, anger purists or both. Vocal effects aside, 5.0’s uptempo appeal and slowly building bounce comes courtesy of C.A.T.S., who’s instantly become my favorite acronymed producer. Fittingly though it’s the headliner’s sense of melody and emotional lyrics that will connect with listeners, or not. Honestly, I’m fascinated to watch the Booth’s response to this one, don’t keep me waiting. Those inclined towards the high end of the rating spectrum will want to be sure to grab a copy of McKnight’s upcoming album, Just Me, when it hits stores on July 12.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I've Been Waiting For" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)