Though the hip-hop industry focuses its scouting on major metropolises, R&B tends to be more accepting of those from smaller cities – how many of you had even heard of Petersburg or Tappahannock, Va. before Trey Songz and Chris Brown hit the scene? Today, another unsigned talent from the DMV area makes his Booth debut. On his latest single, the Aberdeen, Md. singer apologizes to his girl for running around with other women, hoping they can “...take another shot at This Love.” Along for the apology is Maino, who brings a little big-name buzz to the record, delivering a guest verse on the back end. Whether or not Gibbs manages to get his relationship back on track, this single’s hit potential is sure to attract industry attention – it may even spark a bidding war!
Written by Burmy on 09/17/09
Submit your Rating
Royalty Family Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.