Though the hip-hop industry focuses its scouting on major metropolises, R&B tends to be more accepting of those from smaller cities – how many of you had even heard of Petersburg or Tappahannock, Va. before Trey Songz and Chris Brown hit the scene? Today, another unsigned talent from the DMV area makes his Booth debut. On his latest single, the Aberdeen, Md. singer apologizes to his girl for running around with other women, hoping they can “...take another shot at This Love.” Along for the apology is Maino, who brings a little big-name buzz to the record, delivering a guest verse on the back end. Whether or not Gibbs manages to get his relationship back on track, this single’s hit potential is sure to attract industry attention – it may even spark a bidding war!
Written by Burmy on 09/17/09
Royalty Family Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.