Though the hip-hop industry focuses its scouting on major metropolises, R&B tends to be more accepting of those from smaller cities – how many of you had even heard of Petersburg or Tappahannock, Va. before Trey Songz and Chris Brown hit the scene? Today, another unsigned talent from the DMV area makes his Booth debut. On his latest single, the Aberdeen, Md. singer apologizes to his girl for running around with other women, hoping they can “...take another shot at This Love.” Along for the apology is Maino, who brings a little big-name buzz to the record, delivering a guest verse on the back end. Whether or not Gibbs manages to get his relationship back on track, this single’s hit potential is sure to attract industry attention – it may even spark a bidding war!
Royalty Family Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!