To say that emcee/singer/producer Breezy Lovejoy has had a great year, would be an understatement. After first appearing on DJBooth in April, as a guest of reader faves Wax and Dumbfounded, Breezy has gone on to be featured three additional times; Sadie, Piece In The Govebox, and most recently, Tickets, featured last week. Today, the Cali native is back again with the self-produced (along with Duke Westlake) Straight Jacket, a hazy, bluesy cut that is so good it just might drive you crazy. Complimenting Breezy’s smooth, raspy vocals is a wonderful instrumental arrangement featuring Jose “Zeta Jones” Rios on the guitar and Jonah Levine and Emile Martinez on the horns. You can find Straight Jacket, as well as Piece In The Glovebox and Tickets on Breezy’s outstanding new album, LOVEJOY, available for purchase on Bandcamp.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.