To say that emcee/singer/producer Breezy Lovejoy has had a great year, would be an understatement. After first appearing on DJBooth in April, as a guest of reader faves Wax and Dumbfounded, Breezy has gone on to be featured three additional times; Sadie, Piece In The Govebox, and most recently, Tickets, featured last week. Today, the Cali native is back again with the self-produced (along with Duke Westlake) Straight Jacket, a hazy, bluesy cut that is so good it just might drive you crazy. Complimenting Breezy’s smooth, raspy vocals is a wonderful instrumental arrangement featuring Jose “Zeta Jones” Rios on the guitar and Jonah Levine and Emile Martinez on the horns. You can find Straight Jacket, as well as Piece In The Glovebox and Tickets on Breezy’s outstanding new album, LOVEJOY, available for purchase on Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/4/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)