To say that emcee/singer/producer Breezy Lovejoy has had a great year, would be an understatement. After first appearing on DJBooth in April, as a guest of reader faves Wax and Dumbfounded, Breezy has gone on to be featured three additional times; Sadie, Piece In The Govebox, and most recently, Tickets, featured last week. Today, the Cali native is back again with the self-produced (along with Duke Westlake) Straight Jacket, a hazy, bluesy cut that is so good it just might drive you crazy. Complimenting Breezy’s smooth, raspy vocals is a wonderful instrumental arrangement featuring Jose “Zeta Jones” Rios on the guitar and Jonah Levine and Emile Martinez on the horns. You can find Straight Jacket, as well as Piece In The Glovebox and Tickets on Breezy’s outstanding new album, LOVEJOY, available for purchase on Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/4/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.