To say that emcee/singer/producer Breezy Lovejoy has had a great year, would be an understatement. After first appearing on DJBooth in April, as a guest of reader faves Wax and Dumbfounded, Breezy has gone on to be featured three additional times; Sadie, Piece In The Govebox, and most recently, Tickets, featured last week. Today, the Cali native is back again with the self-produced (along with Duke Westlake) Straight Jacket, a hazy, bluesy cut that is so good it just might drive you crazy. Complimenting Breezy’s smooth, raspy vocals is a wonderful instrumental arrangement featuring Jose “Zeta Jones” Rios on the guitar and Jonah Levine and Emile Martinez on the horns. You can find Straight Jacket, as well as Piece In The Glovebox and Tickets on Breezy’s outstanding new album, LOVEJOY, available for purchase on Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)