On his solo DJBooth debut, newcomer Breezy Lovejoy, who has strolled our pages with the likes of Dumbfounded and Wax, shows us that he has more than just skills on the mic. On Sadie, which Breezy co-produced with Jose Rios and Duke Westlake, the California native shares with listeners that, despite his many talents, it has been difficult to make ends meat. In the self-directed video, the versatile Lovejoy peruses the aisles of his local convenience store, singing struggles vocals like “In the home of Mercedes Benzes, Impalas and Prius ain’t no room for the needy, only the greedy.” It doesn’t take long to understand that the emcee isn’t merely shopping for a bag of chips or a 6-pack, but rather has other ideas in mind. Want to know exactly what Breezy has planned? We suggest freely downloading his latest project, O.B.E Vol. 1, which was released in June.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/23/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.