On his solo DJBooth debut, newcomer Breezy Lovejoy, who has strolled our pages with the likes of Dumbfounded and Wax, shows us that he has more than just skills on the mic. On Sadie, which Breezy co-produced with Jose Rios and Duke Westlake, the California native shares with listeners that, despite his many talents, it has been difficult to make ends meat. In the self-directed video, the versatile Lovejoy peruses the aisles of his local convenience store, singing struggles vocals like “In the home of Mercedes Benzes, Impalas and Prius ain’t no room for the needy, only the greedy.” It doesn’t take long to understand that the emcee isn’t merely shopping for a bag of chips or a 6-pack, but rather has other ideas in mind. Want to know exactly what Breezy has planned? We suggest freely downloading his latest project, O.B.E Vol. 1, which was released in June.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/23/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)