On his solo DJBooth debut, newcomer Breezy Lovejoy, who has strolled our pages with the likes of Dumbfounded and Wax, shows us that he has more than just skills on the mic. On Sadie, which Breezy co-produced with Jose Rios and Duke Westlake, the California native shares with listeners that, despite his many talents, it has been difficult to make ends meat. In the self-directed video, the versatile Lovejoy peruses the aisles of his local convenience store, singing struggles vocals like “In the home of Mercedes Benzes, Impalas and Prius ain’t no room for the needy, only the greedy.” It doesn’t take long to understand that the emcee isn’t merely shopping for a bag of chips or a 6-pack, but rather has other ideas in mind. Want to know exactly what Breezy has planned? We suggest freely downloading his latest project, O.B.E Vol. 1, which was released in June.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.