With Booth debut Sadie and its accompanying video, which depicted the singer at the center of a convenience-store stickup, Breezy Lovejoy emphasized the contrast between his smooth, alternative style and his street-certified persona. On this freshly-released promo single, the artist continues to play up the juxtaposition, keeping it suave and understated even as he assures us that he’s got a Piece in the Glovebox for when things get dicey. Emcee TiRon of Cali twosome The Cafeteria Line copilots this mellow yet gritty cut, spitting self-assured game over Lovejoy, Jose Rios and Duke Westlake‘s dreamy synths and electronic “gunshot” sound effects. Need your own copy of this slow-burning banger? While Piece isn’t attached to a larger project by Breezy, you can cop the record as part of Cafeteria Line’s brand new #HNGRY street album, released yesterday and available here for streaming/purchase.
Written by richard on 09/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.