With Booth debut Sadie and its accompanying video, which depicted the singer at the center of a convenience-store stickup, Breezy Lovejoy emphasized the contrast between his smooth, alternative style and his street-certified persona. On this freshly-released promo single, the artist continues to play up the juxtaposition, keeping it suave and understated even as he assures us that he’s got a Piece in the Glovebox for when things get dicey. Emcee TiRon of Cali twosome The Cafeteria Line copilots this mellow yet gritty cut, spitting self-assured game over Lovejoy, Jose Rios and Duke Westlake‘s dreamy synths and electronic “gunshot” sound effects. Need your own copy of this slow-burning banger? While Piece isn’t attached to a larger project by Breezy, you can cop the record as part of Cafeteria Line’s brand new #HNGRY street album, released yesterday and available here for streaming/purchase.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!