With Booth debut Sadie and its accompanying video, which depicted the singer at the center of a convenience-store stickup, Breezy Lovejoy emphasized the contrast between his smooth, alternative style and his street-certified persona. On this freshly-released promo single, the artist continues to play up the juxtaposition, keeping it suave and understated even as he assures us that he’s got a Piece in the Glovebox for when things get dicey. Emcee TiRon of Cali twosome The Cafeteria Line copilots this mellow yet gritty cut, spitting self-assured game over Lovejoy, Jose Rios and Duke Westlake‘s dreamy synths and electronic “gunshot” sound effects. Need your own copy of this slow-burning banger? While Piece isn’t attached to a larger project by Breezy, you can cop the record as part of Cafeteria Line’s brand new #HNGRY street album, released yesterday and available here for streaming/purchase.
Written by richard on 09/4/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.