With Booth debut Sadie and its accompanying video, which depicted the singer at the center of a convenience-store stickup, Breezy Lovejoy emphasized the contrast between his smooth, alternative style and his street-certified persona. On this freshly-released promo single, the artist continues to play up the juxtaposition, keeping it suave and understated even as he assures us that he’s got a Piece in the Glovebox for when things get dicey. Emcee TiRon of Cali twosome The Cafeteria Line copilots this mellow yet gritty cut, spitting self-assured game over Lovejoy, Jose Rios and Duke Westlake‘s dreamy synths and electronic “gunshot” sound effects. Need your own copy of this slow-burning banger? While Piece isn’t attached to a larger project by Breezy, you can cop the record as part of Cafeteria Line’s brand new #HNGRY street album, released yesterday and available here for streaming/purchase.
Written by richard on 09/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.