With Booth debut Sadie and its accompanying video, which depicted the singer at the center of a convenience-store stickup, Breezy Lovejoy emphasized the contrast between his smooth, alternative style and his street-certified persona. On this freshly-released promo single, the artist continues to play up the juxtaposition, keeping it suave and understated even as he assures us that he’s got a Piece in the Glovebox for when things get dicey. Emcee TiRon of Cali twosome The Cafeteria Line copilots this mellow yet gritty cut, spitting self-assured game over Lovejoy, Jose Rios and Duke Westlake‘s dreamy synths and electronic “gunshot” sound effects. Need your own copy of this slow-burning banger? While Piece isn’t attached to a larger project by Breezy, you can cop the record as part of Cafeteria Line’s brand new #HNGRY street album, released yesterday and available here for streaming/purchase.
Written by richard on 09/4/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)