Being real, raw and true to hip-hop’s roots may not be a surefire path to fame and fortune, but it will place you high in the esteem of the DJBooth readers. Just ask Dana Coppafeel and Da Ricanstructa, whose DJBooth-hosted collaborative set currently enjoys a phenomenal 4.9-star average rating, as well as a spot on our very own Mixtape Chart. For a taste of the musical stylings that have our readership paying Homage, Respect to the Wisconsin duo, simply take a listen to this newly-released single/standout cut. Inspired by a line from Nas’ verse on Fat Joe‘s John Blaze, this cut finds Ricanstructa slicing and dicing gritty string samples into a bombastic backdrop for his and his partner’s bruising, surreally inventive battle rhymes: “You’re just a teddy bear, I’m a monster nightmare / Composed of everything, that’s why I”m everywhere.” Have Break Bread earned your Respect with this unfettered display of mic murder? Then what are you waiting for—click here to stream and/or download their debut set, The Reunion, for free in the DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.