Brace yourselves, Booth readers; Brandy‘s latest single is beyond anything you’ve experienced in your Wildest Dreams. Of course, I haven’t witnessed your dreams, and no objective scale exists to quantify wildness, so that statement is based on approximately… zero evidence? In any case, you shouldn’t hold my hyperbole against the record, a midtempo head-nodder which finds the veteran songstress expressing deep and abiding gratitude to her man. Complete with The Bizness’ lew-key, but catchy production work, this Sean Garrett-penned cut should only build upon the acclaim garnered by its Breezy-assisted predecessor, Put It Down. If you’re feeling it, stay tuned for the latest on the currently-unscheduled Two Eleven, Brandy’s first full-length since 2008’s Human LP.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Must Be Love" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.