Brace yourselves, Booth readers; Brandy‘s latest single is beyond anything you’ve experienced in your Wildest Dreams. Of course, I haven’t witnessed your dreams, and no objective scale exists to quantify wildness, so that statement is based on approximately… zero evidence? In any case, you shouldn’t hold my hyperbole against the record, a midtempo head-nodder which finds the veteran songstress expressing deep and abiding gratitude to her man. Complete with The Bizness’ lew-key, but catchy production work, this Sean Garrett-penned cut should only build upon the acclaim garnered by its Breezy-assisted predecessor, Put It Down. If you’re feeling it, stay tuned for the latest on the currently-unscheduled Two Eleven, Brandy’s first full-length since 2008’s Human LP.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Must Be Love" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.