With the success of Brandy‘s lead Two Eleven single, Put It Down featuring Chris Brown, it was really only a matter of time before the songstress recruited a pair of hip-hop (growing) heavyweights for a remix. Enter Atlanta spitter and G.O.O.D Music associate 2 Chainz and Young Money artist Tyga. The remix is sans Chris Brown’s crooning, but in its place are two lively verses that seem to give the record a brand new energy despite the fact that it still features Bangladesh and Sean Garrett‘s original production and Brandy’s re-used signature vocals. The original version of Put It Down can be found on Brandy’s upcoming studio album, Two Eleven, which is due out on October 16.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/20/12
After a four-year hiatus, veteran R&B singer Brandy Norwood is ready to make a fresh start with the release of her sixth studio album. Taking its title from the singer's birth date (which also commemorates the untimely death...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Must Be Love" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)