Last month, when Brandy jumped inside the DJBooth for an interview, she revealed that her new album, Human, was “versatile” and that she “made [the album] for everybody.” Truer words have never been spoken, as the singer’s new single, Long Distance, discusses one of the obstacles that oh-so-many relationships encounter. On yet another Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins-produced single, Brandy clings to the hope that her mate understands how difficult their separation is for her. While we’re sure “he” understands, it’s safe to assume anyone not dating Ms. Norwood doesn’t feel the exact same way. Long Distance, which follows the lead single, Right Here (Departed), should have plenty of time to bubble at pop radio before the release of Human on December 9.
Written by DJ Z on 10/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Must Be Love" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.