Last month, when Brandy jumped inside the DJBooth for an interview, she revealed that her new album, Human, was “versatile” and that she “made [the album] for everybody.” Truer words have never been spoken, as the singer’s new single, Long Distance, discusses one of the obstacles that oh-so-many relationships encounter. On yet another Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins-produced single, Brandy clings to the hope that her mate understands how difficult their separation is for her. While we’re sure “he” understands, it’s safe to assume anyone not dating Ms. Norwood doesn’t feel the exact same way. Long Distance, which follows the lead single, Right Here (Departed), should have plenty of time to bubble at pop radio before the release of Human on December 9.
Written by DJ Z on 10/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Must Be Love" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.