For a rising emcee, newfound fame can be a lot to handle on top of an already overwhelming workload. And with success comes new friends (unless you’re Drake), who might not always actually be friends. Experts on this topic are emcees Brandon Rossi and Villa, who spit a cautionary tail about keeping a close eye on both Friends and Foes on their first feature of 2013. The ATL duo, known together as Practice Bravery, take their name to heart, gracing Rossi’s airy, winding production that might scare away the average emcee who isn’t used to maneuvering such a different, diverse beat. Both are unfazed, sharing insight into deciphering someone’s motives with similarly slurred flows separated by an interesting hook that is powered by a altered vocal effect. There is no news on if something larger is in the works, but keep it locked here for more from these friends of The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Places and Spaces" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.