For a rising emcee, newfound fame can be a lot to handle on top of an already overwhelming workload. And with success comes new friends (unless you’re Drake), who might not always actually be friends. Experts on this topic are emcees Brandon Rossi and Villa, who spit a cautionary tail about keeping a close eye on both Friends and Foes on their first feature of 2013. The ATL duo, known together as Practice Bravery, take their name to heart, gracing Rossi’s airy, winding production that might scare away the average emcee who isn’t used to maneuvering such a different, diverse beat. Both are unfazed, sharing insight into deciphering someone’s motives with similarly slurred flows separated by an interesting hook that is powered by a altered vocal effect. There is no news on if something larger is in the works, but keep it locked here for more from these friends of The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Places and Spaces" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.