On 1995 single Space Age Pimpin’, Memphis twosome 8Ball & MJG cast themselves as modern-day Don Juans on a quest to bed down all the beautiful women the universe had to offer. An up-and-coming Southern rapper-producer introduced to our pages by fellow ATL representative Villa, Brandeon Rossi follows in their illustrious footsteps on his latest single, a cut which finds him sampling a variety of women from diverse Places and Spaces. Rossi provides some low-key production to back his amorous adventures, layering low-key synth ambiance over a thumping percussion rhythm, and flipping a few bars from the aforementioned down-South classic into a sampled hook. The artist’s forthcoming, independent full-length has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date but, as always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Friends & Foes" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.