On 1995 single Space Age Pimpin’, Memphis twosome 8Ball & MJG cast themselves as modern-day Don Juans on a quest to bed down all the beautiful women the universe had to offer. An up-and-coming Southern rapper-producer introduced to our pages by fellow ATL representative Villa, Brandeon Rossi follows in their illustrious footsteps on his latest single, a cut which finds him sampling a variety of women from diverse Places and Spaces. Rossi provides some low-key production to back his amorous adventures, layering low-key synth ambiance over a thumping percussion rhythm, and flipping a few bars from the aforementioned down-South classic into a sampled hook. The artist’s forthcoming, independent full-length has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date but, as always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Friends & Foes" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.