On 1995 single Space Age Pimpin’, Memphis twosome 8Ball & MJG cast themselves as modern-day Don Juans on a quest to bed down all the beautiful women the universe had to offer. An up-and-coming Southern rapper-producer introduced to our pages by fellow ATL representative Villa, Brandeon Rossi follows in their illustrious footsteps on his latest single, a cut which finds him sampling a variety of women from diverse Places and Spaces. Rossi provides some low-key production to back his amorous adventures, layering low-key synth ambiance over a thumping percussion rhythm, and flipping a few bars from the aforementioned down-South classic into a sampled hook. The artist’s forthcoming, independent full-length has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date but, as always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Friends & Foes" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.