On 1995 single Space Age Pimpin’, Memphis twosome 8Ball & MJG cast themselves as modern-day Don Juans on a quest to bed down all the beautiful women the universe had to offer. An up-and-coming Southern rapper-producer introduced to our pages by fellow ATL representative Villa, Brandeon Rossi follows in their illustrious footsteps on his latest single, a cut which finds him sampling a variety of women from diverse Places and Spaces. Rossi provides some low-key production to back his amorous adventures, layering low-key synth ambiance over a thumping percussion rhythm, and flipping a few bars from the aforementioned down-South classic into a sampled hook. The artist’s forthcoming, independent full-length has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date but, as always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Friends & Foes" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.