Back in May 2009, Brandon Hines brought us Find You, a promo single on which the indie R&B mainstay vowed to keep searching for the perfect woman, no matter how long it took to find her. Fast-forward almost precisely a year, and not only has the Motown native scored a major deal, but he’s finally tracked down that special woman. Be that as it may, things aren’t going quite as he’d planned on the romantic tip. On I’m in Love, the singer struggles with the decision to walk out of a rocky relationship with a girl who just might be the one. Downbeat as the subject matter may be, the combo of Hines’ emotive vocals and the mournful, piano-driven boardwork of Jermaine Dupri & Bryan-Michael Cox (the former of whom also contributes a few lines to the hook) will likely win the hearts of our resident R&B-lovers. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on Brandon Hines’ forthcoming full-length, which has yet to receive a title or release date from the So So Def/Revel Music Group/Heir Music brass.
Written by richard on 05/10/10
Submit your Rating
So SO Def/Revel/Epic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Find You ft. Ryan Leslie" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.