Back in May 2009, Brandon Hines brought us Find You, a promo single on which the indie R&B mainstay vowed to keep searching for the perfect woman, no matter how long it took to find her. Fast-forward almost precisely a year, and not only has the Motown native scored a major deal, but he’s finally tracked down that special woman. Be that as it may, things aren’t going quite as he’d planned on the romantic tip. On I’m in Love, the singer struggles with the decision to walk out of a rocky relationship with a girl who just might be the one. Downbeat as the subject matter may be, the combo of Hines’ emotive vocals and the mournful, piano-driven boardwork of Jermaine Dupri & Bryan-Michael Cox (the former of whom also contributes a few lines to the hook) will likely win the hearts of our resident R&B-lovers. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on Brandon Hines’ forthcoming full-length, which has yet to receive a title or release date from the So So Def/Revel Music Group/Heir Music brass.
Written by richard on 05/10/10
Submit your Rating
So SO Def/Revel/Epic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Find You ft. Ryan Leslie" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.