Back in May 2009, Brandon Hines brought us Find You, a promo single on which the indie R&B mainstay vowed to keep searching for the perfect woman, no matter how long it took to find her. Fast-forward almost precisely a year, and not only has the Motown native scored a major deal, but he’s finally tracked down that special woman. Be that as it may, things aren’t going quite as he’d planned on the romantic tip. On I’m in Love, the singer struggles with the decision to walk out of a rocky relationship with a girl who just might be the one. Downbeat as the subject matter may be, the combo of Hines’ emotive vocals and the mournful, piano-driven boardwork of Jermaine Dupri & Bryan-Michael Cox (the former of whom also contributes a few lines to the hook) will likely win the hearts of our resident R&B-lovers. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on Brandon Hines’ forthcoming full-length, which has yet to receive a title or release date from the So So Def/Revel Music Group/Heir Music brass.
So SO Def/Revel/Epic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Find You ft. Ryan Leslie" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.