New York spitter Bramzwig may have been inspired to write his newest Booth feature Young Gun after the recent passing of two of his former classmates, but rather than drop a somber, mournful record, the emcee has chosen to celebrate their lives.The upbeat nature of Young Gun becomes evident as soon as British beatsmith Steve Booker‘s bouncy, bass-driven production works its way into our ears. On the DJBooth newbie’s third solo feature on our pages, he expresses his gratefulness at the thought of living to see another day and chooses to share a little wisdom as he spits, “So make the best of this life you got, you only get one shot.” Although absent from any larger project, Young Gun also serves as a thank you to fans of the young wordsmith who have helped him reach a Twitter milestone of 20,000 followers.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/23/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.