First featured on DJBooth in June thanks to Puzzling Thing, 21-year-old emcee Bramzwig returns for his second feature You Know. If you can’t relate to the opening line of the New York native’s new single, and brief excitement when you spend your entire work check on flashy purchases at the mall, then there’s about an 85% chance that you’re from some distant, unpronounceable planet. The high-energy record features production from Ricky J, who doesn’t shy away from meshing loopy, futuristic sounds with a bit of a techno foundation. Throughout You Know Bramzwig confidently works his way from verse to verse with clever lines like, “money’s only good if you spend it.” You Know is the third single from Bramzwig’s Newer York mixtape, which will be released to the masses for free on July 29.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/24/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.