First featured on DJBooth in June thanks to Puzzling Thing, 21-year-old emcee Bramzwig returns for his second feature You Know. If you can’t relate to the opening line of the New York native’s new single, and brief excitement when you spend your entire work check on flashy purchases at the mall, then there’s about an 85% chance that you’re from some distant, unpronounceable planet. The high-energy record features production from Ricky J, who doesn’t shy away from meshing loopy, futuristic sounds with a bit of a techno foundation. Throughout You Know Bramzwig confidently works his way from verse to verse with clever lines like, “money’s only good if you spend it.” You Know is the third single from Bramzwig’s Newer York mixtape, which will be released to the masses for free on July 29.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/24/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.