First featured on DJBooth in June thanks to Puzzling Thing, 21-year-old emcee Bramzwig returns for his second feature You Know. If you can’t relate to the opening line of the New York native’s new single, and brief excitement when you spend your entire work check on flashy purchases at the mall, then there’s about an 85% chance that you’re from some distant, unpronounceable planet. The high-energy record features production from Ricky J, who doesn’t shy away from meshing loopy, futuristic sounds with a bit of a techno foundation. Throughout You Know Bramzwig confidently works his way from verse to verse with clever lines like, “money’s only good if you spend it.” You Know is the third single from Bramzwig’s Newer York mixtape, which will be released to the masses for free on July 29.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.