Whenever I sit down to craft a feature write-up, I always do as much research as
Google will let me possible, so that y’all are well informed. However, after listening to the latest from emcee/producer Brainstorm (of Dyme Def), all I can write is Oh My God. Lets start with producer Grandriggity, whose boardwork is damn near flawless. He combines a breezy vocal sample and an airy synth with a powerful drumbeat, which is perfect for those who prefer a more street friendly sound or those who fancy a light, trippy vibe. The beat perfectly suits both Brainstorm and his guest of honor, Booth regular, Carl Roe,despite their vastly different styles. Brainstorm’s deep, stalwart flow is a cool juxtaposition to Roe’s high-pitched, aggressive approach, proving that, sometimes, opposites do attract. So, has this effort made you say Oh My God or just Oh My? Share your thoughts in the comment section below and be sure to grab Brain’s new album, The Celestine Prophecy 2, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.