Whenever I sit down to craft a feature write-up, I always do as much research as
Google will let me possible, so that y’all are well informed. However, after listening to the latest from emcee/producer Brainstorm (of Dyme Def), all I can write is Oh My God. Lets start with producer Grandriggity, whose boardwork is damn near flawless. He combines a breezy vocal sample and an airy synth with a powerful drumbeat, which is perfect for those who prefer a more street friendly sound or those who fancy a light, trippy vibe. The beat perfectly suits both Brainstorm and his guest of honor, Booth regular, Carl Roe,despite their vastly different styles. Brainstorm’s deep, stalwart flow is a cool juxtaposition to Roe’s high-pitched, aggressive approach, proving that, sometimes, opposites do attract. So, has this effort made you say Oh My God or just Oh My? Share your thoughts in the comment section below and be sure to grab Brain’s new album, The Celestine Prophecy 2, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)