Whenever I sit down to craft a feature write-up, I always do as much research as
Google will let me possible, so that y’all are well informed. However, after listening to the latest from emcee/producer Brainstorm (of Dyme Def), all I can write is Oh My God. Lets start with producer Grandriggity, whose boardwork is damn near flawless. He combines a breezy vocal sample and an airy synth with a powerful drumbeat, which is perfect for those who prefer a more street friendly sound or those who fancy a light, trippy vibe. The beat perfectly suits both Brainstorm and his guest of honor, Booth regular, Carl Roe,despite their vastly different styles. Brainstorm’s deep, stalwart flow is a cool juxtaposition to Roe’s high-pitched, aggressive approach, proving that, sometimes, opposites do attract. So, has this effort made you say Oh My God or just Oh My? Share your thoughts in the comment section below and be sure to grab Brain’s new album, The Celestine Prophecy 2, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.