Most emcees hide their self-doubt under a protective layer of bluster and braggadocio. Brainstorm, on the other hand, will readily admit that he’s got a few Insecurities. Be that as it may, he sounds pretty damn confident on this new single, part of a forthcoming independent full-length. A-Plus mans the mixing boards on this cut, transforming Donny Hathaway’s rendition of Beatles classic Jealous Guy into a soulful backdrop for the Dyme Def member’s fast-paced reflections on friendship, haterdom and the stresses of the hustle. No Hard Feelings has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you in the loop as we learn more about the forthcoming project.
Written by richard on 08/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.