A Brussels-based DJ/producer with a firm grounding in the old-school, Brainiac Beats teams up with two gifted NYC rhymesayers to Bring Us Back to hip-hop’s early days on his latest single (and first Booth feature). Here, Brainiac serves up a gritty boom-bap instrumental accented by authentic cuts (sampled from Just Ice’s Going Way Back) as Joell Ortiz and Praise celebrate rap’s Golden Age in verses as nostalgic as they are hard-hitting. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Bring Us Back and more on Brainiac’s #maxi2012 maxi single, out now online.
Written by richard on 01/23/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)