A Brussels-based DJ/producer with a firm grounding in the old-school, Brainiac Beats teams up with two gifted NYC rhymesayers to Bring Us Back to hip-hop’s early days on his latest single (and first Booth feature). Here, Brainiac serves up a gritty boom-bap instrumental accented by authentic cuts (sampled from Just Ice’s Going Way Back) as Joell Ortiz and Praise celebrate rap’s Golden Age in verses as nostalgic as they are hard-hitting. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Bring Us Back and more on Brainiac’s #maxi2012 maxi single, out now online.
Written by richard on 01/23/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.