A Brussels-based DJ/producer with a firm grounding in the old-school, Brainiac Beats teams up with two gifted NYC rhymesayers to Bring Us Back to hip-hop’s early days on his latest single (and first Booth feature). Here, Brainiac serves up a gritty boom-bap instrumental accented by authentic cuts (sampled from Just Ice’s Going Way Back) as Joell Ortiz and Praise celebrate rap’s Golden Age in verses as nostalgic as they are hard-hitting. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Bring Us Back and more on Brainiac’s #maxi2012 maxi single, out now online.
Written by richard on 01/23/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)