A Brussels-based DJ/producer with a firm grounding in the old-school, Brainiac Beats teams up with two gifted NYC rhymesayers to Bring Us Back to hip-hop’s early days on his latest single (and first Booth feature). Here, Brainiac serves up a gritty boom-bap instrumental accented by authentic cuts (sampled from Just Ice’s Going Way Back) as Joell Ortiz and Praise celebrate rap’s Golden Age in verses as nostalgic as they are hard-hitting. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Bring Us Back and more on Brainiac’s #maxi2012 maxi single, out now online.
Written by richard on 01/23/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.