A Brussels-based DJ/producer with a firm grounding in the old-school, Brainiac Beats teams up with two gifted NYC rhymesayers to Bring Us Back to hip-hop’s early days on his latest single (and first Booth feature). Here, Brainiac serves up a gritty boom-bap instrumental accented by authentic cuts (sampled from Just Ice’s Going Way Back) as Joell Ortiz and Praise celebrate rap’s Golden Age in verses as nostalgic as they are hard-hitting. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Bring Us Back and more on Brainiac’s #maxi2012 maxi single, out now online.
Written by richard on 01/23/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.