As evidenced by his name, Portland native Braille obviously knows we hardly need 20/20 vision to appreciate what he has to offer, but how much you enjoy his first Booth feature Up depends on how willing your other senses are to accept new flavors. It’s probably safe to say we’ve never heard a style quite like Braille’s, and with a sense of determination in his voice that couldn’t be more clear, the emcee is anxious to prove his talent deserves our respect and attention. Music-wise, Xperiment‘s production sounds like just that - an experiment. It attempts to combine a little bit of everything, but over the raspy, lingering synth stretches, claps and chimes, Braille performs his duties to satisfaction. Is it phenomenal, though? That’s for you to decide. Check out Up on Braille’s upcoming album Weapon Aid, due out April 27.
Listen to More: Braille
Written by Matty K on 04/20/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.