As evidenced by his name, Portland native Braille obviously knows we hardly need 20/20 vision to appreciate what he has to offer, but how much you enjoy his first Booth feature Up depends on how willing your other senses are to accept new flavors. It’s probably safe to say we’ve never heard a style quite like Braille’s, and with a sense of determination in his voice that couldn’t be more clear, the emcee is anxious to prove his talent deserves our respect and attention. Music-wise, Xperiment‘s production sounds like just that - an experiment. It attempts to combine a little bit of everything, but over the raspy, lingering synth stretches, claps and chimes, Braille performs his duties to satisfaction. Is it phenomenal, though? That’s for you to decide. Check out Up on Braille’s upcoming album Weapon Aid, due out April 27.
Listen to More: Braille
Written by Matty K on 04/20/10
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.