As evidenced by his name, Portland native Braille obviously knows we hardly need 20/20 vision to appreciate what he has to offer, but how much you enjoy his first Booth feature Up depends on how willing your other senses are to accept new flavors. It’s probably safe to say we’ve never heard a style quite like Braille’s, and with a sense of determination in his voice that couldn’t be more clear, the emcee is anxious to prove his talent deserves our respect and attention. Music-wise, Xperiment‘s production sounds like just that - an experiment. It attempts to combine a little bit of everything, but over the raspy, lingering synth stretches, claps and chimes, Braille performs his duties to satisfaction. Is it phenomenal, though? That’s for you to decide. Check out Up on Braille’s upcoming album Weapon Aid, due out April 27.
Listen to More: Braille
Written by Matty K on 04/20/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.