As evidenced by his name, Portland native Braille obviously knows we hardly need 20/20 vision to appreciate what he has to offer, but how much you enjoy his first Booth feature Up depends on how willing your other senses are to accept new flavors. It’s probably safe to say we’ve never heard a style quite like Braille’s, and with a sense of determination in his voice that couldn’t be more clear, the emcee is anxious to prove his talent deserves our respect and attention. Music-wise, Xperiment‘s production sounds like just that - an experiment. It attempts to combine a little bit of everything, but over the raspy, lingering synth stretches, claps and chimes, Braille performs his duties to satisfaction. Is it phenomenal, though? That’s for you to decide. Check out Up on Braille’s upcoming album Weapon Aid, due out April 27.
Listen to More: Braille
Written by Matty K on 04/20/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.