As evidenced by his name, Portland native Braille obviously knows we hardly need 20/20 vision to appreciate what he has to offer, but how much you enjoy his first Booth feature Up depends on how willing your other senses are to accept new flavors. It’s probably safe to say we’ve never heard a style quite like Braille’s, and with a sense of determination in his voice that couldn’t be more clear, the emcee is anxious to prove his talent deserves our respect and attention. Music-wise, Xperiment‘s production sounds like just that - an experiment. It attempts to combine a little bit of everything, but over the raspy, lingering synth stretches, claps and chimes, Braille performs his duties to satisfaction. Is it phenomenal, though? That’s for you to decide. Check out Up on Braille’s upcoming album Weapon Aid, due out April 27.
Written by Matty K on 04/20/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.