Topeka, Kansas recording artist Brail may hail from (just) north of the Missouri Compromise Line, but he clearly has a soft spot for Southern cuisine. On his latest single, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the indie rapper, singer and beatsmith helps himself to a heaping plate of Gritts & Gravy. Being in the middle of a meal, however, doesn’t prevent him from laying the lyrical smackdown on his competition—in fact, the flows he showcases here are some of the most dextrous we’ve heard from him to date. As on his last feature, promo cut Love Strings, the artist handles his own production, backing his aggressive bars with a scorching mix of distorted synths and furious percussion. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; Project Expression as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further release details and singles as they emerge.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.