Topeka, Kansas recording artist Brail may hail from (just) north of the Missouri Compromise Line, but he clearly has a soft spot for Southern cuisine. On his latest single, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the indie rapper, singer and beatsmith helps himself to a heaping plate of Gritts & Gravy. Being in the middle of a meal, however, doesn’t prevent him from laying the lyrical smackdown on his competition—in fact, the flows he showcases here are some of the most dextrous we’ve heard from him to date. As on his last feature, promo cut Love Strings, the artist handles his own production, backing his aggressive bars with a scorching mix of distorted synths and furious percussion. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; Project Expression as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further release details and singles as they emerge.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)