Topeka, Kansas recording artist Brail may hail from (just) north of the Missouri Compromise Line, but he clearly has a soft spot for Southern cuisine. On his latest single, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the indie rapper, singer and beatsmith helps himself to a heaping plate of Gritts & Gravy. Being in the middle of a meal, however, doesn’t prevent him from laying the lyrical smackdown on his competition—in fact, the flows he showcases here are some of the most dextrous we’ve heard from him to date. As on his last feature, promo cut Love Strings, the artist handles his own production, backing his aggressive bars with a scorching mix of distorted synths and furious percussion. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; Project Expression as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further release details and singles as they emerge.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.