Topeka, Kansas recording artist Brail may hail from (just) north of the Missouri Compromise Line, but he clearly has a soft spot for Southern cuisine. On his latest single, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the indie rapper, singer and beatsmith helps himself to a heaping plate of Gritts & Gravy. Being in the middle of a meal, however, doesn’t prevent him from laying the lyrical smackdown on his competition—in fact, the flows he showcases here are some of the most dextrous we’ve heard from him to date. As on his last feature, promo cut Love Strings, the artist handles his own production, backing his aggressive bars with a scorching mix of distorted synths and furious percussion. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; Project Expression as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further release details and singles as they emerge.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.