Topeka, Kansas recording artist Brail may hail from (just) north of the Missouri Compromise Line, but he clearly has a soft spot for Southern cuisine. On his latest single, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the indie rapper, singer and beatsmith helps himself to a heaping plate of Gritts & Gravy. Being in the middle of a meal, however, doesn’t prevent him from laying the lyrical smackdown on his competition—in fact, the flows he showcases here are some of the most dextrous we’ve heard from him to date. As on his last feature, promo cut Love Strings, the artist handles his own production, backing his aggressive bars with a scorching mix of distorted synths and furious percussion. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; Project Expression as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further release details and singles as they emerge.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.