Brail (not to be confused with the similarly-named Portland rapper) may be new to our pages, but listen to the him Go Off on his Booth debut and I guarantee you’ll be feeling him like, well, braille. And if you’re not, I’ll refund all zero dollars you paid to listen to the record. Brought to our attention by Sunflower State expat Mike Schpitz, the emcee makes a full display of his impeccable mic skills and iconoclastic attitude on this freshly-minted promotional cut, sending up the tradition of the “unnecessary ad-lib” before launching into two verses’ worth of gymnastically-flowed braggadocio over K Da Great‘s synth boardwork. Brail’s sung intro and chorus vocals offer just a taste of the emcee’s versatility—he also produces, plays the cello, and performs in operas. Yes, really. Though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, you can keep it locked to our pages for all the latest from this multitalented up-and-comer.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.