While my wardrobe doesn’t currently include a Cardigan Sweater, I may need to make a last-minute addition to my holiday wish list. Not only do they offer an unrivaled combo of warmth, comfort and sophistication, the ladies simply can’t get enough of ‘em – at least, that’s been the experience of Booth newcomer The Boy Illinois, who pays tribute to the cardigan’s enduring appeal on this standout cut off his latest mixtape. Hero George mans the boards on this atmospherically banging cut, wreathing Illinois’ voice in spacey synths as the rapper drops bars laced with dapper quotables: “Will Smith with the demeanor of Carlton / and I tell the truth like (George) Carlin.” G.o.D. Jewels indulges in a little more aggressive stunting on the back, challenging fellow Windy City hopefuls to “step their closets up.” So, readers, has this cut inspired you to shell out for a fresh new sweater (or fish one out of your closet, anyway)? Once you’re properly dressed, be sure to download The Boy Illinois’ newly-released Inhale Pt. 3 for more appropriately fly tunes to soundtrack your stunting.
Written by richard on 11/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Illi" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.