While my wardrobe doesn’t currently include a Cardigan Sweater, I may need to make a last-minute addition to my holiday wish list. Not only do they offer an unrivaled combo of warmth, comfort and sophistication, the ladies simply can’t get enough of ‘em – at least, that’s been the experience of Booth newcomer The Boy Illinois, who pays tribute to the cardigan’s enduring appeal on this standout cut off his latest mixtape. Hero George mans the boards on this atmospherically banging cut, wreathing Illinois’ voice in spacey synths as the rapper drops bars laced with dapper quotables: “Will Smith with the demeanor of Carlton / and I tell the truth like (George) Carlin.” G.o.D. Jewels indulges in a little more aggressive stunting on the back, challenging fellow Windy City hopefuls to “step their closets up.” So, readers, has this cut inspired you to shell out for a fresh new sweater (or fish one out of your closet, anyway)? Once you’re properly dressed, be sure to download The Boy Illinois’ newly-released Inhale Pt. 3 for more appropriately fly tunes to soundtrack your stunting.
Written by richard on 11/22/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Illi" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.