While my wardrobe doesn’t currently include a Cardigan Sweater, I may need to make a last-minute addition to my holiday wish list. Not only do they offer an unrivaled combo of warmth, comfort and sophistication, the ladies simply can’t get enough of ‘em – at least, that’s been the experience of Booth newcomer The Boy Illinois, who pays tribute to the cardigan’s enduring appeal on this standout cut off his latest mixtape. Hero George mans the boards on this atmospherically banging cut, wreathing Illinois’ voice in spacey synths as the rapper drops bars laced with dapper quotables: “Will Smith with the demeanor of Carlton / and I tell the truth like (George) Carlin.” G.o.D. Jewels indulges in a little more aggressive stunting on the back, challenging fellow Windy City hopefuls to “step their closets up.” So, readers, has this cut inspired you to shell out for a fresh new sweater (or fish one out of your closet, anyway)? Once you’re properly dressed, be sure to download The Boy Illinois’ newly-released Inhale Pt. 3 for more appropriately fly tunes to soundtrack your stunting.
Written by richard on 11/22/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Illi" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.