While my wardrobe doesn’t currently include a Cardigan Sweater, I may need to make a last-minute addition to my holiday wish list. Not only do they offer an unrivaled combo of warmth, comfort and sophistication, the ladies simply can’t get enough of ‘em – at least, that’s been the experience of Booth newcomer The Boy Illinois, who pays tribute to the cardigan’s enduring appeal on this standout cut off his latest mixtape. Hero George mans the boards on this atmospherically banging cut, wreathing Illinois’ voice in spacey synths as the rapper drops bars laced with dapper quotables: “Will Smith with the demeanor of Carlton / and I tell the truth like (George) Carlin.” G.o.D. Jewels indulges in a little more aggressive stunting on the back, challenging fellow Windy City hopefuls to “step their closets up.” So, readers, has this cut inspired you to shell out for a fresh new sweater (or fish one out of your closet, anyway)? Once you’re properly dressed, be sure to download The Boy Illinois’ newly-released Inhale Pt. 3 for more appropriately fly tunes to soundtrack your stunting.
Written by richard on 11/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Illi" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.