Unlike most dudes, BOY/FRIEND prefers not to move too quickly with a new woman. But don’t get it twisted; as we learn on new single Ride Slowly, that rule applies when he and the girl in question are already in the bedroom. On this cut, the indie buzzmaker’s first feature since February promo cut EVE, BOY/FRIEND showcases his game-spitting abilities, as well as his impressive falsetto, over a leisurely synth-brass beat by Mel DeBarge and MNTN. Fat Tony spits a suave opening 16, and Tom Cruz lends his Island-flavored flow to the closing verse. The headliner’s LOW KEY EP as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.