Unlike most dudes, BOY/FRIEND prefers not to move too quickly with a new woman. But don’t get it twisted; as we learn on new single Ride Slowly, that rule applies when he and the girl in question are already in the bedroom. On this cut, the indie buzzmaker’s first feature since February promo cut EVE, BOY/FRIEND showcases his game-spitting abilities, as well as his impressive falsetto, over a leisurely synth-brass beat by Mel DeBarge and MNTN. Fat Tony spits a suave opening 16, and Tom Cruz lends his Island-flavored flow to the closing verse. The headliner’s LOW KEY EP as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.