Unlike most dudes, BOY/FRIEND prefers not to move too quickly with a new woman. But don’t get it twisted; as we learn on new single Ride Slowly, that rule applies when he and the girl in question are already in the bedroom. On this cut, the indie buzzmaker’s first feature since February promo cut EVE, BOY/FRIEND showcases his game-spitting abilities, as well as his impressive falsetto, over a leisurely synth-brass beat by Mel DeBarge and MNTN. Fat Tony spits a suave opening 16, and Tom Cruz lends his Island-flavored flow to the closing verse. The headliner’s LOW KEY EP as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.