Unlike most dudes, BOY/FRIEND prefers not to move too quickly with a new woman. But don’t get it twisted; as we learn on new single Ride Slowly, that rule applies when he and the girl in question are already in the bedroom. On this cut, the indie buzzmaker’s first feature since February promo cut EVE, BOY/FRIEND showcases his game-spitting abilities, as well as his impressive falsetto, over a leisurely synth-brass beat by Mel DeBarge and MNTN. Fat Tony spits a suave opening 16, and Tom Cruz lends his Island-flavored flow to the closing verse. The headliner’s LOW KEY EP as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/11/14
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.