Everyone has his or her favorite favorite season for fashion. Like myself, Booth newcomer Boy/Friend prefers the springtime for the dope array of outerwear opportunities it puts at one’s disposal. This year, though, a recent breakup is preventing the buzzmaking crooner from enjoying the Leather Weather to its fullest. On new single Good 2 U, the NYC singer mourns the fact that he can’t be with the woman he loves, taking cold comfort in imagining her just as miserable over their split as he is. MNTN‘s airy, reverb-drenched synth boardwork backs the artist as he showcases his appealingly understated, conversational vocal style. On the back, the beatsmith flips thematically-appropriate samples from Johnny Gil’s late-‘90s single, There U Go, and 1992 romantic comedy Boomerang. For Good 2 U and many more quality jams, check out Boy/Friend’s latest full-length, available online as of April 30.
Written by richard on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)